Note sure where I have left off so I'll let you know what I know now. As we speak I am getting premeds for Day 2 treatment. My new drug from last week makes me feel awful. My beta went up to 840 last Friday, but Monday is was starting to come back down around 740is. So at leat it is dropping. I came in Monday for treat and my white was 700, so too low and they sent me home. Liz gave me a white booster shotat home and it shot up to 10, 600 overnight! This morning my white stayed up around
8000 so that is great. My new drug is called Platinum or cysPlat, and it has given me ringing of the ears, so doc is sending me to get those check! Fun. Fun. So from now on I should be in the hospital every monday night/tuesday morning for treatment. Just to forwarn, there may be a time that I need to be admitted to the hospital for contact precaution. Doc is going to start treating pretty aggressively in regards to working with my white count. Its better to get the drugs in and be admitted than to wait and hope that the beta does not jump. So there we are! Today I actally feel better last week. And all in all, I think my body itself is reacting well to the chemo. I have kept a consistent weight, activity level, and peace of mind. There are many people out there that chemo tears them apart, so I know that I am blessed to be rare in that aspect. Thank you again for all of the thoughts and prayers! Be thinking about Chris this week; he has come down with an URI with fever, so he cannot leave Charlotte to come be with Gabriele and me. I know he misses his little girl!
Nikki-I am so glad that you are feeling okay and the chemo is keeping you positive. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete