3.25.2010

Nikki Update-No Mo Chemo!!!

Hey Everyone! Sorry for the long delay in posting an update. My last few treatments kicked my butt. Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers, and cards; I cannot thank all of you enough. And as St. Jude says when the kids finish treatment, "No Mo Chemo." But I didn't get a party at my office, although they did give me a certificate to be silly. My blood labs have come back negative 5 times so that means no more treatment and now I go once a week for bloodwork for two months, then once a month for two years. My last treatment was last Tues/Wed, but I went to the hospital on Sunday night because of being sick to my stomach and I felt like I had needles in my throat. So it is now Thursday and I am still in the hospital. I was dehydrated with a low white count. I got another blood transfusion today and my white booster shots. So maybe going home tomorrow if I can start eating and drinking better. So we have this last little hump to get over, then it's off to the beach in May we go! I cannot wait!!

7 comments:

  1. This is great news! You can get over this last hump for sure! You deserve a looooong vaca at the beach... enjoy it! Hope to get our little ones together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like great news, Nikki!!! I'm so glad to hear that you won't have to do chemo anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki,

    My mom just told me about your blog. I had no idea!!!! I'm so glad to read this latest post, though. I read back through them all and I'm amazed at your progress! I'm praying for much happiness and health in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Nikki !!!

    Josh & Catherine Womack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Nikki!!! We have been thinking of you and your family! We know it has been a long year for you guys. We hope to meet the little one sometime soon. All the best and keep it up!!
    El Cid and family.

    ReplyDelete